Monday, January 29, 2007

Good News... And Bad

Today is a good news day. God has given me some clear direction and I am grateful. But with the last crossroads behind me, I can't help but strain my eyes to see into the not-so-distant future, where there are bound to be more. But today, with a very recent victory on my mind, I am ok with that.

So for today, I rejoice. And tomorrow, I try to understand how to rejoice in the struggle before the victory.

My husband asked me to pick up a book this week and, since he doesn't ask much of me at all, I decided I should. It's a Manning book, and so of course I want to both never put it down and throw it across the room. I have yet to read a word that did not challenge my way of life and my understaning of Jesus. Thanks a lot, Jer.

1 comment:

A Sinner said...

"So for today, I rejoice. And tomorrow, I try to understand how to rejoice in the struggle before the victory."

I envy your wisdom, babe.